Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Req ID 258929BR
Industry Job Title Human Resource Payroll specialist federal tier 2 Albuquerque NM
Job Code/Title W01261:Personnel Assistant (Emp) I
Job Description The HR Specialist II – Federal Processing / Tier 2 Skilled Personnel Specialist on the Transportation Security Administration HRAccess program serves as a senior Specialist in the Human Resource Service Center (HRSC), Processing Office with the primary responsibilities of assisting the Team Lead in administration of the programs for Personnel. Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities also include the following:
• Identifying personnel processing trends and issues and recommending solutions
• Researching and resolving complex problems regarding employee personnel forms and documents and related personnel transactions
• Coordinating with the Payroll and Benefits processing Teams and/or with HR Representatives and employees
• Initiating and maintaining communications with HR Office staff, client organizations, employees, etc.
• Reviewing and interpreting a wide variety of complex personnel actions such as: History Corrections (HCUP) and personnel actions in EPIC/EmpowHR system
• Reviewing employees' records for issues to providing explanations
• Researching, analyzing, and reviewing employees’ records for accuracy
• Troubleshooting data inconsistencies, processing routine and unusual assignments, and retrieving data for reports and generating work products
• Training lower-level Personnel Representatives on how to process a full range of documents and forms
• Spending a majority of time providing verbal customer service by taking Tier 2 escalated calls.
Relocation funding is not available for this position.
Basic Qualifications Technical competency with automated Personnel & Payroll Systems such as NFC and EmpowHR.
Desired skills Knowledge of Federal HR Policies and Procedures.
•Prefer Federal HR knowledge and experience processing, researching, and coding Federal Personnel Actions
•Ability to resolve SINQ errors timely and accurately
•Must enjoy being on the phone, helping customer in solving their problems and have excellent Customer Service skills
•Ability to communicate verbally and in written form
•Ability to meet metrics deadlines under pressure and within established timeframe
•Ability to work well independently or in a team environment
•Motivation to expand knowledge base in order to master personnel processing
•Ability to understand impact on operations and management and be willing to take on additional responsibilities (may be called upon to rotate within different areas on the Personnel, Payroll, & Benefits teams) when needed
•Ability to use Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
Security Clearance Public Trust
LMCareers Business Unit ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200)
Business Area Info Systems & Global Sol
Department 8328024:BPS/CRM-USCIS (SCA) _OS
Job Class Human Resources
Job Category Hourly/Non-Exempt
State New Mexico
City/Building Location Albuquerque
Relocation Available No
Work Schedule STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day
Req Type Blue Sky