Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Plant Operator I
Location: United States-New Mexico-Lakewood
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Plant Operator within our Permian Primary group based in Lakewood, New Mexico at our Indian Basin Gas Plant.
* Ensure the following systems are operated within their design limits by utilizing Yokogawa DCS system and ensure associated equipment is kept in good operating condition: Inlet Gas System, Glycol System, Selexol System, Sulfur Recovery Unit, Acid Gas Injection Compressor, Instrument Air System, Residue Compressors, NGL pipeline pumps, SWD System, and Electrical System(Turbine Powered Generators)
* Relief operate for Backside operations.
* Assist Front side Operator during plant upset conditions
* Enter daily production data into morning report spreadsheet and generate reports.
* Assist IBGP maintenance team in performing PM’s on plant equipment.
* Assist IBGP maintenance team in performing maintenance on plant process equipment.
* Participate in system PHA’s
* Perform inspections on plant safety equipment.
* Gathering system maintenance.
* Assist Automation and Electrical techs in maintenance and PMs.
* Maintain and oversee Plant PSM required critical valve Car seal Program.
* Participate in Plant monthly safety inspections.
* At least High School grad or G.E.D
* 3 years oilfield experience preferred, with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors, & the public
* Ability to work 12 hour, rotating shifts
* Basic knowledge of plant processes
* Ability to follow written operating procedures
* Basic knowledge of OSHA 1910.119
* Capable of performing preventive maintenance and minor repairs on all required plant equipment
* Ability to efficiently and effectively monitor plant equipment and make adjustments to processes and controls
* Ability to troubleshoot operational problems
* Good computer skills, along with ability to input data in CMMS system (Maximo)
* Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V