Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title: Radar Principal Quality Assurance Engineer
The Mission Capability Verification Center (MCVC) in White Sands, NM is searching for a qualified candidate to join the quality team in support of the AN/TPY -2 Radar Program. Training / orientation will include travel to CONUS and/or OCONUS before the transition to a one (1) year in the U.S. Pacific Command (PACOM) Theater to oversee the test, integration and operational activities of the program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for quality assurance of product and various mission support activities on the AN/TPY-2 program at assigned international field site location to assure effectiveness throughout the product life cycle.
* Provide analytical methods to procedures and processes for improvements of effectiveness and efficiency to processes and products.
* Interface daily with the AN/TPY-2 in-country site manager and team, while reporting to home quality manager to ensure Mission Assurance and overall quality performance
* Execute to customer contractual requirements that adhere to and align with end user objectives for Mission Assurance and NoDoubt� expectations
* Work closely with other quality and program functions to ensure rapid closure of issues and concerns
* Work extended hours and reside in an international location for an extended period of time.
* May travel and support the programs and mission center teams at various locations
* May work and live in a diverse, remote and hazardous environment
* May be exposured to energized equipment, radar radiation hazards, and unexploded ordnance
* BS/BA in Quality Engineering or a related Engineering field
* Eight (8) + years experience in a similar QA capacity with prime mission equipment installation, inspection, integration, operation, testing and auditing
* Experience with quality methods, verification/validation processes, inspection/testing mechanisms, QA standards, defense equipment, nonconforming issue/material identification/disposition/tracking and configuration management
* Working knowledge of six sigma, foreign object elimination, and lean principles and techniques
* Proficient with Lotus Notes, MS Excel, Word, Power Point, Project
* Active secret clearance or interim clearance within 30 days of hire
* Six (6) years experience as a QA Engineer with defense contractor working with radar or missile equipment and test conduct
* Working knowledge of Harington Group (HQMS) and Logistics Management Programs (MAXIMO, ALCS)
* Extensive knowledge in ISO 9001/AS9100 and Missile Defense Agency Assurance Provision (MAP)
* Ability to influence, work in a team and diverse cultural/military environment, resolve conflicts, facilitate, multi-task, track and drive closure, work under pressure, meet deadlines, effectively communicate, work with all levels to include executive leadership and customers, and establish a partnership.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Key words: Quality assurance engineer Radar ISO 9001 AS9100 missile defense QA HQMS MAXIMO ALCS
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a global workforce of almost 14,000 employees and 2011 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
To Apply for this position, pleaseCLICK HERE